Important Update

Hello Rally Fans, please read carefully if you are interested in participating in this year's navigational rally.

The 2019 Trail of the Gnu TSD Rally in Rocky Mountain House is scheduled for Saturday April 6th, just under 3 weeks away. As many of you are aware, it has been an unusually harsh winter with much more snow fall and colder temperatures than the area typically experiences. Several weeks ago when we first wanted to check the roads, they were completely impassable. Roads that have been plowed every winter for the last 17 years were not plowed this year. We had to wait until this weekend (Saturday 2 days ago) to check again. Approximately 60% of the route was still impassable, and the 40% that Kris was able to drive through was treacherous at best. So, what are we going to do? We are waiting 1 more week to make a final call on whether we can hold the event this year.

Saturday March 23rd, we will do a route check and if there are enough roads and favorable conditions to make a rally, it's 'all systems go!'. If not, we will regretfully have to cancel for this year. I'm very sorry that this is a possibility, but if we can't safely and enjoyably get our entrants through the roads, it would be irresponsible to force the event to happen.

In the meantime, please reach out to me if you have any questions, comments, or recommendations.

The Best Western in Rocky Mountain House is holding rooms for a special rate that is lower than previous years if you wish to book accommodations for either Friday or Saturday night. Call 1-403-844-3100 to book.You can cancel the booking up to the day before the rally. Mention the Trail of the Gnu to get the rate.

Event supplementary regulations and entry forms will be available here by Tuesday evening.

Thank you,

Eric Grochowski and Kris Schofield
Organizers of the Trail of the Gnu